Thursday 4 March 2010


Sorry it has been a long time since I updated this Blog. My last entry was a little too apposite as shortly after it was posted my father in law passed away -- peacefully as it happens. But even so it was a shock which has taken time to get over.
The Pool is in - yes, I am wearing trunks as well as the hat! However, it is no thanks to Spa Serve. In the end we did what we should have done in the first place and went local. Never mind - but if anyone thinks to source a pool from them I suggest you would be daft.
Enough of that for the moment. However, I will be returning to them in a later missive.
It has been a long winter and for some reason the bad weather just seemed to go on and on. I know that winters are colder and have more snow in other parts of the world, but here the proximity of the coast and the dampness just seem to make it that bit worse!
But Spring is at last starting and the vines have survived well. So have the rabbits! My attempts at hunting have only served to upset the MemSahib, as I used one of her trays for a target backdrop to zero the sights of the airgun. She was not convinced by my explanation that I was trying to improve the drainage for her house plants! I am also beginning to think that rabbits have a sense of humour.
The prompt which made me realise that I needed to return to my blog is that on the course I am taking at University we are now required to keep a professional blog! No, not this one. My, how it has changed since the days of the slide rule! I still have my notbooks from my RAF apprentice training back in the 1960's and somewhere in there is the design for my final trade test - a VALVE amplifier.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

I've seen a valve amplifier! The instructor got one out on my radio course to show us how things used to be done in the old days. The whole thing was the size of about 400 ipods and weighed so much it took two students to lift it (with a winch). Goodness knows how you RAF types managed to get them to fly...